Nobody said that bringing a child into the world would be an easy task. In fact, most mothers might agree on that it can become very painful, especially as time passes by and the belly grows bigger into the last months.
Lower back, pelvic, abdominal and hip pain are some of the many issues that come with carrying a child in your body. Some even find it hard to sleep as the pain does not reduce while laying down. In addition to that, a hunched posture and inability to walk for long times or work out can also be experienced while being pregnant.
Fortunately, the maternity market has found ways of giving a hand to future mothers by carrying the weight of the belly on pregnancy support belts. These bands, which can be made from different fabrics, are normally worn around the lower belly and are strapped on the back in order to reduce pain, provide support and slightly compress the baby to simplify exercising.
Many women who have worn these belts claim that they lessen different types of pain while also allowing them to move around without feel so uncomfortable and while also correcting their posture to a straighter position.
Whether you are pregnant and in pain, or would like to make a gift for a friend or a family member that could benefit from it, this could be the solution for you. Keep reading so you can choose which is the best pregnancy support belt that you are willing to invest in. Here are the top 5 brands that sells high-quality products which makes them the best pregnancy support belts on the market.
|AZMED Maternity Belt, Breathable Abdominal Binder, Back Support||$$$||4.3/5|
|Babo Care Breathable Lower Back and Pelvic Support||$$$||4.3/5|
|Maternity Belt by LucyVee||$$||4.3/5|
|Maternity Belt Plus Baby Bib by HealthySam||$$$||4.8/5|
|New Version Maternity Belt – Pregnancy Belt||$$||4.9/5|
|Maternity Belt – NEOtech Care Brand||$||4.4/5|
|Maternity Belt Pelvic and Back Support-Extender Pregnancy Belly Band||$||4.9/5|
|Lifecolor Breathable Maternity Belt||$$||5/5|
|Maternity Belt Pregnancy Support Belt by DivaDio||$||5/5|
|Amymami Maternity Belt,Breathable Belly Belt||$$||4.7/5|
AZMED Maternity Belt, Breathable Abdominal Binder, Back Support, One Size, Beige
The AZMED maternity belt is a best seller among maternity support apparel and that says quite a lot. It is a belly wrap that lessens spinal pressure, thus reducing or altogether relieving back pain.
It comes in an elastic band format, in one size, that fits up to 46 inches. It also has a breathable fabric and is worn over the lower half of the of the belly, providing a gentle compression in the abdominal area that gives better support and alleviates hip pain.
AZMED is a well-known brand that sells high-quality products which is why they also have one of the best pregnancy support belts on the market. This band effectively distributes the belly weight alleviating many muscle aches and what’s best is that it can even be used postpartum.
The AZMED maternity belt is washable and has a Velcro closure on the back that fits from the smallest sizes to the biggest. It’s great for walking outdoors and doing sports as its breathability will keep your belly fresh all summer.
- Fits all size and has a 2-inch Velcro strap on the back
- Breathable material will keep belly from sweating
- It does not go under the belly but covers the lower half of it
- Eases back pain, abdominal pain, and hip pain
- Can be used during the night for those who suffer while sleeping
- It can be worn under clothes as it’s very thin
- You can wear it all throughout the pregnancy as one size fits all. It will work for your first months as well as your last. It’s even recommended post-pregnancy so it would be a one-time-only purchase
- The breathable fabric allows you to use it outdoors and for exercising. It’s also washable both in a machine and by hand, so you can sweat with it and not worry about cleaning it
- Diminishes back, hip and abdominal pains
- Some women with big bellies state that although AZMED sells it as one size fits all, it is no good supporting big sizes
- It has Velcro and hooks on the back. Even if the majority of customers say that they can do it on their own, some have experienced problems while trying to fasten it
- It moves around while exercising and sitting/standing so you will have to adjust it every once in a while
- A few reported that the closing system on the back pokes and scratches the skin when worn under the clothes
#1 Top Recommended Maternity Belt – Babo Care Breathable Lower Back and Pelvic Support
This Babo Care product is among the best pregnancy support belts on Amazon. It is a doctor-recommended maternity support that helps in alleviating the pain and baby weight that you’ll have to carry around while being pregnant.
The maternity belt provides gentle compression in the abdominal area by wrapping around the belly and fastening on the back. It carries the belly weight for you, relieves hip, pelvic and sacroiliac pain and minimizes spinal strain.
Because of its shape, it also corrects your posture while walking and sitting, diminishing future post-pregnancy problems. It is made from a comfortable, thin, elastic fabric and fits all sizes thanks to the Velcro strap on the back.
This pregnancy belt is comfortable enough to be worn throughout your daily activities, working out if you are an active mother, and even sleeping if pain attacks you at night. It comes in a nude color and can be worn both under and over your clothes.
In addition to that, it is among the few maternity support belts that come with a 100% lifetime warranty, something that is unseen among similar products that usually have a 30-day return policy.
- A belt that eases the discomfort of pregnancy weight and compresses the abdominal area
- Prevents back strains, pelvic pain and lessens aches
- Improves posture thanks to its support technology
- It designed to be worn daily and made from a breathable, skin-friendly fabric that transfers heat and moist
- The one-size feature allows you to use it up to 48 inches of pregnancy, and even postpartum
- It comes with a Velcro strap, easy to put on without any help
- The belt is 48 inches long, including Velcro closure
- Nude color that can be worn under your clothes
- Eases back, hip and pelvic pains
- Improves posture which can be affected after several weeks of pregnancy
- Supports belly weight up to 48 inches of pregnancy and can be worn throughout the whole process without having to buy different sizes
- Doesn’t have any hooks and is worn by only closing the Velcro strap
- Breathable fabric keeps the belly from over-sweating, great for exercising, hiking and to be worn all summer long
- Comes with a lifetime warranty, in case you don’t like it
- Some customers have complained that it does not provide enough support
- The Velcro strap seems to wear out after a while of usage
- It has rigid plastic strips that feel uncomfortable. Many users have had to remove them, which seems to solve the issue
- Too big for early pregnancy
Maternity Belt by LucyVee – Comfortable pregnancy belly band for pelvic and back support plus a set of 3 Bra Size Extenders
The next one on the list is sold by LucyVee and, as similar products, wraps around the belly providing support and easing back pain for those who suffer from it. This is also one of the best pregnancy support belts and can be easily bought for an affordable price.
The LucyVee maternity band comes in one size only that fits up to 48 inches around the waist, so you won’t have to buy a new one as your belly grows bigger. It’s great for reducing back and pelvic pain and protects the baby from wobbling around, especially if you are an active mother who likes to work out, or just walk around.
It is seamless under your clothes thanks to its construction, although that doesn’t make it any weaker. It supports the belly and relieves pressure on the sciatic nerve, reducing day and night pains.
The fabric is allergy-free so even if you have allergies, you will be able to wear it without any uncomfortable reaction, and when you buy this maternity band, it comes in a nice cotton bag along with three bra extenders in different colors: nude, black and white, with an instructions manual to help you out.
- Allergy-free material that can be worn by any type of skin
- Soft and comfortable to wear directly on the skin, under the clothes
- One size fits all and can support a pregnancy of 48 inches around the waist
- Comes with 3 bra extenders in diverse colors
- Reduces pregnancy pain and provides support, thus alleviating pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Great for daily activities and working out. When wearing it, it is recommended to be worn outside the clothes as it is not breathable
- Soft pink color
- It has size adjustments on both sides, making it even easier to put on your own. You won’t be needing anyone’s help
- Anti-allergic fabric that has no latex or other materials that can cause skin irritation
- Comes with a great package of bra extenders in three different colors
- One size fits all means that you can wear it throughout your pregnancy without having to substitute it
- Provides support to the belly and reduces different pains including back and pelvic pain
- Does not itch or move around because it has no elasticity
- Great customer support
- Although it says it fits all sizes, those who have big bellies might need to buy an extender
- Because it does not stretch, some have complained that the back strap feels uncomfortable when worn too tight, especially on thicker women
Maternity Belt Plus Baby Bib by HealthySam – Breathable Belly Band – Lower Back and Pelvic Support – Comfortable Pregnancy Belt for Belly
Among the best pregnancy support belts sold on Amazon, you can find the HealthySam belly band. It has great customer reviews and comes at quite a fair price, especially since it comes with a baby gift included.
Exploring further into the product, we can tell that the maternity band by HealthySam is slightly different from similar items, especially in its construction. The belt fastens on the back with a Velcro strap and supports the growing belly as months pass by. It eases the pain around the waist and abdominal area, reducing hip, lower back, and pelvic pain.
The support of the belly relieves pressure on the bladder, and it helps a great deal with sacroiliac dysfunction. It is a doctor-recommended product that supports the spine, correcting the posture of the soon-to-be mother. By holding the belly, it also reduces the possibility of stretch marks.
The fabric is comfortable and breathable, allowing you to use it to exercise and walk outdoors. It’s also great at providing support while wearing it at the office or while being seated, and it can easily be worn under any outfit.
This pregnancy support belt is one-size and can be used at the start of the 12th week, as long as you have a belly big enough. The elastic material along with the Velcro closure makes it adjustable to fit up to 46 inches around the waist.
Finally, the package comes with a 3-step instructive on how to put on the maternity band without any help, and a 100% cotton baby bib for your newborn that can be used as a bandana or a bib for the first two years.
- Support of the belly and reduces back, pelvic and abdominal pain
- Helps improve the posture by relieving pressure on the sciatic
- Velcro strap on the back that stretches easily to 46 inches but can supposedly stretch up to 49 inches
- Breathable material keeps the belly fresh and sweat-free
- One size fits all
- Comes in a nude color
- Includes a cotton baby bib-bandana made from a beautiful patterned fabric
- Easy to wear, adjust and remove on your own without any help
- Lightweight and premium quality materials
- Scratch- and irritation-free skin while using it
- Very comfortable to wear during daily activities or working out
- Provides great support and reduces different types of pain
- Breathable fabric keeps the heat and moisture away from your belly
- Comes with a beautiful baby bandana
- Excellent customer support
- It might run a bit too small for big bellies
- Women with smaller bellies have stated that it doesn’t stay in place
New Version Maternity Belt – Pregnancy Belt
The last one on the best pregnancy support belt list is the VIVILALA maternity band. It is a product that has excellent reviews and an affordable price.
This belt is recommended by doctors for use during pregnancy, especially for those women who suffer from lower back or abdominal pain.
It is made from a breathable fabric that allows the wearer to use it for sweat-inducing activities, daily to the office, running errands, driving, and more. By using it, you not only diminish waist, abdominal, pelvic girdle pain and more, but also correct the spine’s posture that tends to be affected as the belly grows bigger.
It can be worn over or under any outfit, comes in a nude color and is a one-size item that fits any belly. The design comes with “I (heart) My Baby” and “Be Happy My Baby” inscriptions as decoration, and it is the only one among similar products that has it.
It has an elastic material that fits up to 48 inches of pregnancy belly so you will keep it even postpartum when you can still wear it to help strengthen the muscles while they recover all the way back to their pre-pregnancy state.
The VIVILALA pregnancy support belt also comes with a 100% refund for those who dislike or have any issues with the product, so you can always give it a chance and return it if you end up dissatisfied.
- A 48 inches one-size maternity belt with Velcro straps on the back
- “I (heart) My Baby” and “Be Happy My Baby” designs on the band
- Elastic belt that adjusts to the size of the belly as it grows
- Breathable fabric keeps the belly from sweating while working out or during hot weather
- Provides support and lessens pelvic, back and abdominal pains
- Corrects posture by holding the weight of the growing belly
- Return policy with 100% refund
- Elastic and adjustable with the Velcro strap on the back
- Breathable material keeps your belly fresh
- Can be worn under the outfits as it is not bulky
- Reduces pregnancy pains and provides belly support
- Runs a bit on the small side
- Some women have experienced itching on the back, around the Velcro closure
- It might lose shape when used while sitting for a long time
After reviewing five of the best pregnancy support belts and all their features, we can tell that the AZMED and HealthySam maternity bands stand among the worthy investments. They both have affordable prices and while the former is the #1 Best Seller in Maternity Supports, the latter comes with a lovely baby bib that adds up to a great buy.
They both have similar characteristics: breathable fabric, Velcro straps and fits of up to 48 inches. However, HealthySam has a great customer service so if you like to be listened to or have your questions answered, then this one is for you.
Finally, if you have allergies to any material that these maternity belts are made from, you can always opt for the LucyVee pregnancy band which is made from a soft fabric, is non-elastic and comes with two size adjustment on the sides. Plus, you get 3 bra size extenders with it.