Being pregnant is definitely not an easy task. It can be very uncomfortable and painful, especially when you get bigger in the second and third trimester.Pain in the abdomen, lower back, pelvis, and hips are some of the most common symptoms experienced when carrying a baby in your belly. Many moms-to-be have trouble sleeping as their discomfort isn’t relieved when they lie down. Plus, the inability to be active and a hunched posture while pregnant is experienced by many women.
Luckily, there are different tools on the market that can make the day-to-day life of a pregnant woman just a bit more comfortable. Maternity belts are one of these tools, and they help future mothers by supporting the weight of their growing belly. Maternity belts are made from various fabrics and are worn around the bottom of your belly and are strapped around your back. This reduces the pain and discomfort of pregnancy by providing gentle compression and support.
Many moms that have worn maternity belts say that they alleviate various types of discomfort and pain and also allow them to do their daily activities while supporting their belly and holding their spine in line.
If you would like to ease the pain of pregnancy, keep reading to find out about the three best maternity belts for back pain.
Best Maternity Belt for Back Pain
Maternity Belt, Pregnancy Support Belt, Belly Band for Pregnancy – Breathable Belly Band That Provides Hip, Pelvic, Lumbar and Lower Back Pain Relief
1. Skywee Professional Products Maternity Belt
No one wants to wear a maternity belt that will make them look even bigger than they feel. The Skywee maternity belt offers you all-day support that vanishes under your shirt. It is made from breathable mesh that regulates your body temperature, keeping you cool, comfortable, and supported.
The last few months of pregnancy can be painful for your back, abdominal muscles, and pelvis. The design of the Skywee maternity belt lifts your belly and reduces the pressure on your pelvis, hips, and lower back. This allows you to feel more comfortable as you go about your daily tasks.
The combination of hypoallergenic cotton and stretchy spandex materials offers you breathable support. The simple closures make this belt easy to use and quick to fit.
The Skywee maternity belt set comes with two soft breastfeeding pads that help you stay dry when you are nursing. Along with your maternity belt, these pads can be machine washed and reused.
- Breathable mesh build
- Vanishes under your clothing
- Hypoallergenic cotton and stretchy spandex materials
- Simple closures for easy and quick fit
- Light fabric doesn’t irritate the skin
- Comes with two breastfeeding pads
- Super stretchy fabric means even plus-sized moms can use the belt
- Machine washable
- Lifetime guarantee with full money back policy
- Reduces the pressure on your belly, back, and pelvis
- All day support and comfort
- Can easily be adjusted to find the perfect fit
- Can be used during any stage of pregnancy and post-pregnancy
- Breathable, soft, stretchy material makes wearing it more comfortable
- May not be enough support for moms carrying low
- Back pain may be exacerbated in later pregnancy with overuse
2. NEOtech Care Maternity Belt
If you want plenty of support and don’t mind wearing a bigger maternity belt, then this offering from NEOtech is worth looking at. It can be fully adjusted to suit you throughout your pregnancy. The breathable fabric construction allows you to keep cool and comfortable throughout your day.
This maternity belt is made with polyester, nylon, elastic, and cotton, giving you the perfect mixture of flexibility, comfort, and breathability. The four elastic panels on the side add support and compression while maintaining optimal airflow. The various sizes also allow you to find the ideal fit for your belly.
The belt works by lifting your abdomen which supports your stomach and back muscles, reducing the pain in those regions and your pelvis and hips. The NEOtech belt comprises of three parts and is quick and simple to put on. Simply put the support pad under your belly and wrap the strap around your back. The lower and upper belt can then be secured firmly over your stomach. You can also adjust the belt as needed for different daily tasks.
- Fully adjustable maternity belt than can be used from the start to end of your pregnancy
- Breathable fabric construction
- Four elastic panels support and gentle compression
- Made from polyester, nylon, elastic, and cotton
- The item is true to size, and the variety of sizes ensures you can find one to suit your body
- Adjusts to fit your size
- Can be adjusted easily based on your activity
- Quick and simple to put on and take off
- The breathable fabric keeps you cool and comfortable
- The belt may roll down your back when you sit
- Looks bulky when worn with tighter clothing
3. Azmed Support Maternity Belt
With regular use of this maternity belt, you can reduce your physical discomfort and pain while correcting your posture. This belt can also support the weak muscles in your abdomen until you have built up your strength.
This belt gives your belly, back, and internal organs the support they need to get you through your pregnancy. The belt may cause an itchy tummy for moms with sensitive skin, but wearing a tank top underneath the belt solves this problem.
As your belly grows, you become more unbalanced. By holding your abdominal muscles in place, you don’t have to worry about straining your back so you can do your daily activities with ease.
The belt is adjustable, hypoallergenic, and breathable, but shouldn’t be placed directly on your skin, as mentioned. Thanks to the breathable material though, wearing it over a tank top won’t result in you feeling too hot or sweaty.
- Elastic material provides gentle compression
- Breathable fabric ensures good airflow
- Adjustable straps allow you to easily change the fit according to your activity
- Hypoallergenic material makes it suitable for most women’s skin
- Is not bulky to wear under your clothing
- Great support for your lower back
- Various sizes can accommodate up to a 46-inch waist
- Reduces the pressure and pain in your pelvis and hips
- The wide sticking straps allow you to easily adjust the belt as your tummy grows
- The Velcro can start to lose its strong hold after multiple uses
- The band can roll up or down if you have a shorter torso
Pregnancy can wreak havoc on your back, especially towards the end of your second trimester and throughout the third. By wearing a maternity belt, you get the support you need to hold your belly up without placing strain on your back.
After reviewing the above three maternity belts, our favorite is the Skywee Maternity Belt because it reduces the pressure on your belly, back, and pelvis. You can wear it all day long while still feeling comfortable and the belt can be easily adjusted as needed. The breathable, stretchy, soft material also ensures the most comfortable wearing experience.