Pregnancy pains are a great discomfort and so is carrying the excess baby belly weight. When the second trimester hits, almost every woman will tell you that lower back pain is common, although there are a few who suffer more than the rest.
Hip, pelvic, and abdominal pains are quite usual, reducing the mother’s mobility and comfort. This is the main reason why maternity support belts were created: to help you carry that weight and alleviate all the aches that come from it.
Bestnewborn is a brand that sells a maternity belt which stand among the best reviewed on the web. Let’s dig in it a bit further to see what we find out on the Maternity Belt Plus Baby Bib.
Maternity Belt Plus Baby Bib
This maternity support belt by Bestneborn, a well-known brand among mothers, has incredible reviews that support the product’s quality. To begin with, the pregnancy belt comes in a beautiful box that can later be used to store the band when not using it, an instructions book that shows how to put it on by yourself, and a baby gift that we will explain with detail later.
This maternity belt is great at reducing the discomfort of pregnancy, which includes the excess of weight, waist, hip and back pains, and even abdominal and pelvic pressure that could keep you up at night or crunching down during the day.
As your baby belly grows bigger, so does the pressure that pushes forward and down on the rest of your body. This not only affects your posture but also causes a lot of pain and medical conditions such as diastasis recti, which is the abdominal muscles splitting down during heavy pregnancy.
Wearing the belt, you will not only feel ease on the weight that you have to carry but will also notice how the pains reduce as you begin to put it on every day. And because it has such a comfortable design, you can wear it all day long over or under any outfit with no problem.
The band is elastic and performs great at reducing pelvic girdle pain, bladder pressure, and sacroiliac dysfunction. Pregnancy support belts are recommended by most doctors and, although you should ask yours beforehand, they will most probably agree, especially if you are experiencing acute pain. The Bestnewborn belt is perfect for you.
Once you put it one, you will notice how the effects of the excess belly weight will reduce, allowing you to go back to your normal posture thanks to the support it provides to the spine. This is necessary as many mothers begin to hunch over because of the weight of the belly, mostly in the last couple of months before giving birth.
Likewise, the belt is made of an elastic and breathable fabric that is perfect to be worn for the office, working out, jogging, or just around the house. It comes in a skin color that can blend well under light clothes and is thin enough to pass unnoticed.
It has Velcro straps on the back that can be adjusted as your belly grows bigger, and you will even be able to wear it post-pregnancy in case you want to get the strength back in your muscles with its help.
It is a one-size piece that can be worn from the 12th week to the end of the pregnancy. It stretches easily to 46 inches and can go all the way to 49 inches, although it might be a good idea to get a bigger one if you are reaching this size.
Finally, the Bestnewborn maternity belt comes with the perfect baby gift: a baby bandana bib that can be worn by your newborn from birth up to 2 years old. It is made of 100% cotton and has a colorful pattern that will make it look lovely on your baby.
- It feels good to wear it. It not only supports the baby belly weight but also reduces back, pelvic, abdominal, hip and waist pain as well as relieving bladder pressure and pressure on the sciatic nerve
- It can be worn daily thanks to its breathable fabric. You can put it on for exercising, walking, being around the house, driving, working in the office, anything you can think of
- It is lightweight and is made from high-quality materials. It can be worn with any outfit and it won’t be seen as it is thin enough to pass unnoticed
- One size means that you won’t have to substitute it; it will stay with you throughout the whole pregnancy and even to the next one
- Can be worn postpartum
- Stretches up to 49 inches and still feels firm. It closes with a Velcro strap on the back
- Comes with a lovely baby bandana bib as a gift, 100% cotton
- The brand has an excellent customer support, something that’s quite rare among companies these days
- Customers have complained that 49 inches is a bit small on bigger bellies. If this is the case, you might need to ask for an extender, if sold, or buy another brand sold by sizes instead
- Women with small baby bellies also have issues and state that the band does not stay in place, even when tightened
- Some say it is difficult to put on without any help
The Maternity Belt Plus Baby Bib is a great one but similar to many on the market. It has a breathable fabric, elasticity, a Velcro strap on the back and all the same features than many other bands, including the beige color.
The upside is that it comes with a lovely baby bandana bib in colorful colors. However, this does not make up for its price and is pretty much the same as many other brands.
Among the best things about this product is that the company’s customer support is great, so you won’t have to lose your time while trying to contact them for a simple question. In the end, this maternity belt is as good as it can be, except for those with bigger bellies who might need a larger band.